Wednesday 25 August 2010

Page twenty-seven Toms and Harem pants

Harem pants seem to 'finally' be making it to Vancouver! I feel like they've already been worn for a season, but oh wait, that's in Europe and I've just seen them in Vogue UK a thousand times so, pretend like you don't know.....I'm a bit undecided about this style however, I actually LOVE them in the sense that they're super comfortable and look great with a pair of multi-buckled high heels. I also like the exotic reference to India and to Poiret and his ethnic influenced fashion. Men, on the other hand, and those not interested in the fashion world, see them as 'dumpy' or MC Hammer pants...What do they know???





I LOVE that Linda wore them with a black lose fitting top that connects the pieces and doesn't make it look piece-ey. I also LOVE that she added an acid wash, cropped jean jacket with ruffled shoulders! The shoes are TOMS...I'm sad to say I hadn't heard of them until this moment. But now I know, and I won't forget! Blake Mycoskie created the idea while traveling and realizing how many kids were shoeless. So for every pair of TOMS shoes sold, a pair goes to a kid in need! I can't say enough about when fashion figures out a way to give back...so many people feel fashion is solely materialistic, and besides the fact that it is an art form and a form of self expression, it can also be a way to make a difference.

No comments: