Friday 29 April 2011

Page Fifty-six S & M

Fall 2011/2012 Paris Fashion Shows have been presented and today I spent over an hour flipping through the magazines reading about inspirations and absorbing all the fabrics and details. The colour palettes were deep jewel tones like plum (almost maroon) and jade green, as well as earthy browns and golds, and black not suprising for fall. What was suprising however, were the bondage details and fetish inspired pieces. Leather panels and strips were intricately constructed and bound. Layers of either tulle or feathers softened the hard edge of fabric and metal fasteners. Here, Viktor & Rolf, Ann Demeulemeester, Givenchy, Alexander McQueen and Louis Vuitton.







Realistically, Fall is going to arrive, and I doubt I will have a Givenchy dress in my closet... but a well constructed leather jacket is always a staple... I did buy leggings from H&M last year, black with black leather panels on the thigh. Sometimes when you rework these things you can reinvent them... I think this will be one of those pieces. I also thought the heavy boot would be a one season thing... as I thought we beat to death the Kate Moss roadie-chic look this past winter, but it looks like the Doc Martin boots will still be in! I can't say I'm not excited about that. Anything with edge or attitude or a bit of "I don't care," I like. However, while we're on the subject, I almost always revert back to a London girl, more 60's A-line with big round buttons and what-not.

No comments: